Links this week:
- Some economist bashing – first from Mark Buchanan, who wonders why economists wheel out “whacky” versions of what they know in public debate, and second, from Tim Harford, on an astonishing record of complete failure.
- Herb Gintis reviews Complexity and the Art of Public Policy: Solving Society’s Problems from the Bottom Up (HT: Arnold Kling)
- We can’t ignore the evidence: genes affect social mobility.
- The costs of climate change – some corrections.
- Steven Pinker on writing.