Links this week:
- Daniel McFadden on how people make choices.
- Not that new but only spotted this week – Gerd Gigerenzer has a great rants on statistics. (HT: Noah Smith)
- Forty per cent of modern Chinese are patrilineal descendants of only three super-grandfathers from 6,000 years ago. (HT: Carl Zimmer)
- Anti-marijuana advocates funded by drug companies.
- “There were no associations between childhood family income and subsequent violent criminality and substance misuse once we had adjusted for unobserved familial risk factors.“