Links this week:
- The Genetic Genealogist responds to Vox’s tabloid piece on genetic testing.
- Attempts to correct false claims often entrench them – the backfire effect. But telling politicians they will be fact checked still reduced their number of lies. [Update: There is probably no backfire effect.]
- Razib on heritability. Low heritability doesn’t make it easier to shape our children – once we’re above some minimum thresholds, we don’t really know what works.
- Tyler Cowen suggests the gender gap will close. I’m not so sure.
- Violence in chimps an evolutionary adaptation.
- Another study showing low social mobility. HT: Jayman
- A great collection of papers on altruism, reciprocity and the glucose model of self control.