Links this week:
- Cooperation in humans versus apes.
- In praise of pilots.
- Are women better decision makers? You can ask about some sex differences.
- Amazon is doing us a favour. Goodbye book publishers.
- The logic of failure.
- The Behavioural Insights Team has lunch with Walter Mischel. Mischel’s work is fantastic and his new book is on my reading list, but the mention of brain plasticity and epigenetics (in the same sentence!) has reduced my expectations.
- Charles Murray on Ayn Rand. HT: Alex Tabarrok