Links this week:
- W. Brian Arthur on economic complexity.
- A great article on humans as imitators.
- Higher latitudes have colder weather which leads to larger people which causes lower population and higher investment in children which triggers economic growth.
- An epidemic of over-diagnosis.
- Financial price data are converted into music, the music is played to a rat, then the rat guesses whether the price will fall or rise.
- Is being good at science a matter of nature?
- Women earn less even when they set the pay.
- Social and cognitive skills are complements.