Links this week:
- In praise of complexity economics.
- Books coming out in 2015.
- Two links from the world of intellectual property madness – what would have entered the public domain on 1 January under the old copyright regime (HT: John Bergmayer), and Uber seeks to patent the idea of pricing based on supply and demand (HT: Ben Walsh).
- Test social programs so we know that they work. But also make sure that you use decent sample sizes, don’t over-generalise the results and replicate.
- Missing heritability – more evidence that the gap will be filled.
- Participation in warfare leads to reproductive success (HT: Razib Khan).
- Applying statistical thinking to education.