Links this week:
- Skip your annual physical.
- The phrase “Statistical significance is not the same as practical significance” is leading us astray.
- The ineffectiveness of food and soft drink taxes (although not all calories are the same). The latest extension of the nanny state – banning junk food from playgrounds. And a new book worth looking at – Government Paternalism: Nanny State or Helpful Friend? (HT: Diane Coyle)
- Marijuana in Colorado – no surprise that the most grandiose claims of both sides haven’t come to fruition.
- Even more on lead and crime.